Followers

Friday, December 7, 2012

What is my purpose?

When I think about my purpose in life all I think about is that when I get older I plan to make a difference in little kids' lifes.  I  believe that God put me on this earth to be able to help others and that is exactly what I plan to do.  My mom used to do daycare and because of that it really helped me to realize what I plan to do when I grow up.  My mom use to watch Katie Glinn, she is now a 1st grader that has down syndrome.  When Katie came to my house for daycare we really started to grow a connection and I was someone that could actually get her to settle down and listen.


After growing up with ten little kids around me everyday it made me realize that all I wanna do is change a life when I get older.  I know that my purpose in life is to help others know how they can be better at what they are doing and to let them know that I am there for them.


These are the kids that have changed my life in a way that I didn't know little elementary and preschool kids could.  They starting coming to daycare at my house when they were little babies and they went to my house everyday until my mom quit doing daycare last May.  I didn't know that I would end up missing these little ones so much but I do and as much as I hated the fact that I had to be quiet from 1-3 every day and they were always watching the TV so I couldn't, they were part of me and part of my family.  When I grow up and if I'm a teacher, I want my classroom 'family' to feel like a family.  I want them to know that we are all there for each other and I hope that it will teach them the lesson of respect and love.


I plan to travel a lot when I get older and I hope that my husband will want to travel with me.  This last summer I was allowed the opportunity to travel to Europe for two weeks with a whole bunch of people that I didn't know.  I met some of my best friends and I would love to be back across seas.  Being in a different country with out having a phone on you all the time really made me realize that it is possible to live without constant communication.  But after going eight hours without being able to talk to my friends and family I was always ready to get to the hotel to message them or give them a call on my free calling app.  I think being abroad made me realize that another purpose in my life is to be friend, someone that people can call on when they are hurt.  


My friends and I have a bond that is unlike anything that I have with anyone else.  I know that my friends are a constant in my life and they will be there no matter what would be happening in my life.  We can tell eachother anything and know that what we tell them they will keep it a secret if you ask them too.  By having a friendship like this it has made me realize how important it is to be constant in someones life and I think that if I do grow up to work with elementary special education students that it will be a good thing to know how much people and especially kids need that constant in their life.  My friends and I have had a rough time this last year, with the loss of our classmate, and we have all changed some in a good way and some in a bad way.  But I have tried to be a rock for my friends and let them know that no matter what I am here for them to talk to about anything.  I want kids to feel like they can do that to me, and that no matter what the problem is I am here to help them with it and try my best to be understanding about it.  

I truly believe that when I get older and before I die I will make a difference in someones life, that is my ultimate goal in life.  Whether it is volunteering at a soup kitchen, helping with make-a-wish, or being a teacher for the special needs students, I will be helping people out in a positive way and I will make someone realize how important it is to be that constant in someones life.  




1 comment:

  1. The photos of your mom's daycare kids is simply the sweetest photo ever. I can see why you got so attached to them! You would make a fantastic elementary teacher. Little kids would love you! How glorious that you got to travel to Europe last summer. I am sure you will never forget it!

    Dr. English

    ReplyDelete